Do you have a lot of boneless chicken or ground chicken in your kitchen? Are you wondering how to cook ground chicken accurately? Are you in search of recipes to make from ground chicken? You’re at the right website!
When it comes to tasty, delicious, and healthy meals, chicken stands at the top of this ladder. It’s an easy ingredient to work with. It is also versatile.
There is no deficiency in the world for chicken recipes. Therefore we can say that ground chicken is versatile.
Whether you are a regular person who loves cooking as a hobby, or you are someone who needs to learn to start cooking as a survival skill. The chicken will become your best friend in the kitchen.
Once you learn how to cook this versatile protein, you will be able to cook a variety of cuisines and dishes like chicken meatballs and chicken patties. You can make appetizers, soups, gravies, main courses, entrees, salads, etc. and so much more.
In this article, we delve into how to cook ground chicken. We offer a guide on the do’s and don’ts as well as recipes for cooking this meat.
1. How to Cook Ground Chicken? – Ground Chicken
Similar to Ground Beef and Ground Pork, this is a version of ground meat made out of chicken. You can make this out of boneless chicken. It’s an extremely flexible ingredient and you can make a diverse range of cuisines from ground chicken.
This is also lean meat. This means that if 4 ounces of ground beef has 10-15% fat content, then ground chicken only has around 4-5% fat content. This makes it a healthier option.
Another lean meat option is ground turkey. You can also look into ground turkey recipes if you are in search of healthy foods for your diet.
You must be wondering how a lean protein like ground turkey or chicken is healthier than its fattier meat substitute.
Lean Proteins come with a few health benefits. The internet gives you the nutrition information of ground chicken in detail.
They are known to improve your metabolism. Metabolism is a bodily function that is related to the absorption of food into a body. The greater the metabolism rate, the faster this process will happen. Secondly, it is also something that maintains cholesterol.
Lean Protein also aids brain functioning. People who usually experience clots in the brain that cause reduced blood flow are instructed to stay away from red meat like beef and mutton and consume white lean protein like chicken and turkey.
2. How to Cook Ground Chicken? – The Procedure
Before you learn how to cook ground chicken, you should know that it is easy to make ground chicken at home. If you have boneless chicken in hand and you want to whip up a recipe that requires ground chicken, then read below to find out more.
There is no preferred method on how to cook ground chicken. However, you can research other recipes and find out what makes your life easier. You might ultimately find recipes that are loved by the whole family.
2.1 Step-by-step Procedure on How to Cook Ground Chicken
Firstly, you can use any utensil and machine that you have in hand to make ground chicken. You can use a meat grinder. There is also the food processor.
Now, follow all the precautions needed to handle chicken. For making ground chicken, you need the boneless kind. Usually, the thighs and the breast are the best parts to use to make ground chicken. Make sure that you cut the chicken smaller.
This will ensure that the meat gets grounded evenly and that you are not left with uneven pieces of chicken in your ground protein.
If you’re utilizing a food process, pulse it gently and slowly, until you get ground chicken. The consistency should not be mushy or in other words paste-like and pulpy. If you get that, this means that your chicken is over-processed.
Giving directions to use a meat grinder becomes a bit redundant, since a two-step process. The process also remains the same for all kinds of meats you grind in this.
Ground chicken lacks fat, as it’s lean meat. This means that there is a chance that it will get dry quickly. To prevent that, you can add vegetables with high water content to compensate.
3. How to Cook Ground Chicken? – Do’s and Don’t
When we said that cooking ground chicken was easy and not complex, we meant it. Even when we delve deeper into the precautions you need to take about cooking this lean protein, the list is not extensive.
First, it dries out quickly so make sure that you add ingredients that give you an external source of moisture. Wine, vegetables, yogurt, cream, stock, broth, or even water.
These add a nice flavor to your dish. The choice is yours. Secondly, it should be fully cooked. The dryness of the chicken also means that you have prevented overcooking. You do not want to eat rubbery meat, do you?
When you add ground chicken to a man, it releases a liquid. To know if your chicken is cooked, look at this liquid. It should be clear and not pink or red.
Ground Chicken needs a lot of flavor. It barely had a unique taste of its own. This means that to make it tasty and a culinary masterpiece, you need to play with spices and blends. Don’t hesitate to add herbs and spices. They are the cornerstone of the recipe and taste.
4. How to Cook Ground Chicken with Basic Ingredients
This is one of the basic dishes you can make with ground chicken. You can, later on, use this recipe of ground chicken as a base that you can add to other recipes like lasagna, pasta, sandwiches, salads, etc.
- First, take a skillet or a pot and heat some oil. On a medium-high flame, you can also add other types of fats like avocado oil, lard, butter, ghee, etc.
- Once you are sure that the oil is heated, add the ground chicken and immediately break it.
- If you do it any later, you’ll be left with large lumps. It would become difficult to break the chicken later. As soon as you let the ground chicken touch the heat, use a spatula to break it into pieces.
- Now you can season it with anything you want. You can add a pre-mix of seasoning. Add a dash of hot spices like cayenne if you like heat. Or only salt and pepper
- Let it cook for a few minutes. The timing depends on the amount of ground chicken you’re cooking. After you’ve followed the safety protocols and you know that the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature. Take it off the heat.
- Now you can use it as you wish. Add it to your salads as the protein or you can even for quick sandwiches and subs.
- Add it to your eggs. Add it to your fried rice or leftover gravy. The world is your oyster!
5. How to Cook Ground Chicken Recipes? – Kebabs
While we all know that traditional meat kebabs are made from red meat like beef. Ground Chicken is a great healthier alternative! This lean protein can be used to make flavourful kebabs that are bursting with spices and deliciousness.
You can wow your guests on a barbeque night with these succulent kebabs or bring them along for a potluck. It is an amazing addition as an appetizer for a dinner party.
The history of kebabs goes back to the medieval century. It dates back to the time when Turkish soldiers used their swords to grill ground meat.
The name kebab was found in a script that dates to the 14th century. It was written in a script of 1377. The script was titled Kyasa-i-Yussuf. They are made with any sort of ground meat, chicken is one of them.
In this section, we have given a list of kebabs and descriptions that you can use to make ground chicken kebabs.
5.1 Chicken Seekh Kabab
- Ground Chicken
- Green Chillies Or Jalapenos
- Sliced Onions
- Ginger Paste
- Fresh Garlic Paste
- Garam Masala
- Dry Coriander Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Dry Mango Powder
- Dry Pomegranate Seeds Powder
- Fresh Cream
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil
- In a skillet, heat some olive oil. Now add the sliced onions and let them turn brown. You have to caramelize them. Once they turn brown, keep them aside.
- Take your ground chicken. Add the caramelized onions to it. Add the remaining ingredients into it too. Now mix well, and make sure that the spices are well Integrated.
- Take some skewers are start making kebabs on them.
- Grill them, fry them, or bake them.
- You can serve this with some roasted red pepper or extra veggies. Drizzle some sesame oil on the veggies for added flavor.
5.2 Chicken Cheese Cutlets/Kebabs
- Ground Chicken
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped onions
- Minced Garlic
- Grated Carrots
- Grated boiled Potatoes
- Minced Ginger
- Boiled peas
- Coriander leaves
- Mint Leaves
- Chilli Flakes
- Green chilli paste
- Chaat Masala
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Soy Sauce
- All-Purpose Flour
- Bread crumbs or Panko
- Black Pepper
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add ground chicken and other vegetables in it and mix well. You can mash the peas a little before you add them in.
- Now you can start adding all your herbs. Add the green chili paste, the garlic, and the ginger. Add the remaining ingredients. Do not add eggs, flour, and cornstarch.
- Shape the ground chicken mixture into cutlets. If the meat is sticking on your hands, add some oil to your palms for convenience.
- Now we can start coating the cutlets. In separate bowls keep beaten eggs, panko, and flour with cornstarch ready.
- Coat the cutlets in flour, dip them in eggs, and then in bread crumbs. You can also double-coat them for extra crispiness.
- In a pot, heat some oil for deep frying. Once the oil reaches the desired temperature, add the cutlets one by one. Fry until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with green chutney.
6. How to Cook Ground Chicken? – Lasagna
Ground Chicken Lasagna is a game changer. This savory dish is hardly disliked by anybody. Amp up the flavors of the traditional lasagna by adding this lean protein.
- Lasagna noodles
- Ground chicken
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Chopped Cloves of Garlic
- Grated Ginger
- Finely Chopped Onions
- Tomato Paste
- Tomato Pureé
- Green Chillies or Jalapenos
- Green or Red Bell Peppers
- Dill leaves
- Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Black Pepper
- In a pan, add some oil. Now cook the ground chicken. Keep aside after cooking.
- In the skillet now, you can cook the vegetables. Add all the vegetables that are listed in the list above and also add ginger and garlic. You can also add spices of your choice here for flavor.
- To create the Marinara Sauce, take a saucepan and add the tomato pureé, tomato paste, oregano, basil, thyme, and dill. Cook it on low heat until it simmers. Now add salt to taste. You can also add some garlic cloves here to enhance the flavor.
- Take a baking dish and start lining your ingredients. Add tomato sauce and then place the lasagna pasta. Now add some more sauce, then some vegetables and ground chicken. The next layer is ricotta cheese and cheddar cheese. Keep on building layers like these.
- Top it off with a final layer of mozzarella cheese and cheddar.
- Bake it in the oven at 180°C for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
When the question arises of how to cook ground chicken, the solution to it is pretty straightforward. Ground Chicken is a canvas on which you can add whatever flavor you need.
We hope you had a fun culinary experience. Mastering how to cook ground chicken will take you one step forward on your culinary journey.
Comment down below and let us know how you like to cook your ground chicken and how your experience has been!