The LGBTQ2+ community is one of those groups that have been fighting for their rights for a very long time now. The world needs to learn and gain inspiration from them on how to make a place for ourselves in society. If you want to know how they paved this journey, join the “Really Gay History Tour” in Vancouver on 14th May 2023 and followed by multiple days at 10 am.
1. What is this Gay History Tour About?
The event will be held on May 14th, 2023 at 10 AM and following multiple dates.
This event aims to spread the real, struggling history of Vancouver’s LGBTQ2+ community – how they raised awareness and changed the social construct of society.
Learn about all the famous personalities and revolutionary people behind this movement.
There will be a professional guide who will explain everything to the attendees and is a 3-hour-long event, and the guide will take you through the city’s LGBTQ2+ history and the places it has shaped.
However, this gay history tour experience in Vancouver is not advised for individuals under the age of 14; so make sure you are above 14 years to take part in this event.
2. About the Venue
The event will take place at the Vancouver City Centre station, located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, BCV7TY 1K8.
You can easily reach this place depending on your location. The location is well-linked and can be reached easily by bus, taxi, etc.
3. Where to Get tickets?
The tickets for this event are exclusively available through the Fever website and app.
The ticket prices are based on the age of the attendees which are classified as adults and seniors.
Individuals who are aged between 19-64 will be charged 38.50 Canadian dollars, while those aged 64 years or above will be charged 34.50 Canadian dollars.
4. Things to Keep in Mind
- Avoid making any kind of insensitive remark and please be respectful of this communities history.
- After the history tour, attendees can enjoy post-tour cocktails at the bars in Davie Street Village and please note that attendees must be at least 14 years old, as this experience is not recommended for children under 14.
- For easy access for everyone, special arrangements have also been made for disabled people by making the venue wheelchair accessible.
- Tickets once bought can not be refunded or changed.
- Please try to arrive on time to avoid any kind of delay or inconvenience.
5. Why Should You Attend this Event?
- The guide will make sure that you get to know the complete history which will make you feel the struggles that these revolutionaries have overcome.
- You can meet people who share the same interest and might discover some lifelong friends here; also if you are one of those who don’t recognize these communities’ efforts, this event could be an eye-opener for you.
- People who support LGBTQ2+ but may not be aware of all the details can also join.
- You can also learn about the personal experiences of people, and what discrimination they faced. Which will broaden one’s understanding of their issues and experiences.
- Witness the rich culture of LGBTQ2+.
- By attending this event, you may be doing your part of standing for social acceptance of this community.