First, let us discuss what quinoa is and how it is helpful in weight gain. It is a complete meal replacement for a balanced diet. Quinoa provides the majority of the protein essential amino acids that are required by the body for performing overall activities.
Quinoa smoothie is like any other normal smoothie. It has great taste and has very easy recipes to prepare. The quinoa smoothie recipes are gluten-free and are excellent sources of protein, iron and fibre. Quinoa smoothie can be a replacement for all the protein powder which people use to intake for body buildup.
It has all the vitamins and minerals which are essential for the body. It is very nutritious in nature. The smoothie recipe includes all the ingredients like Greek yogurt, almond milk, grams of protein, banana, oats, vanilla and blueberries.
What Is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a flowering plant; it belongs to the amaranth family. It is kind of a herbaceous plant which grows annually. The seeds of Quinoa are very rich in protein. Also, these Quinoa seeds contain delicious flavours. Quinoa smoothies are very delicious, along with being healthy; they have a high content of protein and can be taken every day for breakfast.
Quinoa seeds can be added to any recipe. It is advised to add Quinoa seeds to the smoothies for fussy eaters.
In Quinoa seeds, all the required fields are marked, which means they have all the essential vitamins and proteins. Protein is one of the important components of the required fields marked.
Six Health Benefits of Quinoa
Quinoa has great benefits and gained popularity as a healthy food in many countries like the United States. Hundreds of years ago, the Inca believed this grain was a sacred meal.
Let’s talk about the benefits of Quinoa now.
1. Packet with Nutrients and Protein
Quinoa is a flowering plant which produces edible seeds. These seeds are eaten similarly to other grains. These are great sources of protein.
2. Antioxidant Property
Quinoa contains several plant components that are beneficial in treating inflammation and have antioxidant properties. The two flavonoids present in Quinoa are Quercetin and Kaempferol.
3. Fiber Content
Quinoa seeds have a very high fibre and protein content. Eating or consuming substances with high fibre content improves the digestive system and promotes regular bowel movements. Additionally, eating Quinoa and seeds can also support a body’s overall health. Fibre-rich meals also promote the feeling of fullness.
4. Gluten-Free or Gluten Intolerance
Many people nowadays have gluten intolerance, which means they are allergic to gluten. Such people avoid eating a diet which contains gluten and usually cooks gluten-free substances.
Quinoa is naturally gluten-free in nature. That means no procedure is required to make it Gluten-free, it is naturally free from gluten in nature. Simply use the Quinoa seed in any dish and have it. Along with being gluten-free, Quinoa is a source of great nutritional value.
5. Vitamins and Minerals
Along with high protein content, Quinoa also has many vitamins and minerals. Since Quinoa seeds are consumed uncooked, they are more beneficial in nature.
After following a properly balanced meal, many people cannot fully fill the demand for the required protein and minerals in the body; for those people, Quinoa seeds are the best way to complete their body demands.
6. Metabolic Health
Eating or consuming Quinoa increases many aspects of health. The people who consume the Quinoa seed have a lower level of LDL Cholesterol than the people who do not use or consume It in their diet. It also benefits blood sugar regulation, fullness, triglyceride levels and body condition.
Simple Way to Cook Quinoa
You can easily cook Quinoa for around 15 to 20 minutes. The steps are described below:
- First, rinse the cup full of Quinoa seeds thoroughly with water.
- Rinse the seeds two to three times.
After washing, put two cups of water in a vessel and turn the heat.
- Now, after it rinses the Quinoa seed with almost half a dash of salt.
- Then leave it to boil.
- Boil for 15 to 20 minutes
- Now your Quinoa seeds are ready to eat; you can also add these seeds to your smoothie or any dish.
- The boiled Quinoa seed has a very delicious favourable.
Difference between Quinoa Flakes and Quinoa
Quinoa flakes are just pressed Quinoa. Quinoa is a very important and excellent source of protein and can be added to any recipe. On the other hand, Quinoa flakes have the simple property of having a very light texture and get mushy easily.
Usually, Quinoa Flakes are added to most recipes because of their mushy nature. You can blend the Quinoa into Quinoa flakes with the help of a blender. A blender is the equipment in everybody’s home and is used to blend most things to add to the recipe.
4 Recipes of Quinoa Smoothie for Weight Gain
Quinoa smoothie is used by people who want to gain weight. After trying everything, several people cannot gain some weight. Quinoa seeds are the best answer for them; they have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Seeds also have some flavonoids, which help add flavour to whatever substances they are added to.
Some recipes for the Quinoa smoothie are described here in this article, which you can use to gain some weight.
1. Raw Quinoa Smoothie Recipe
This Quinoa smoothie has very great and delicious recipes. It is just like the banana smoothie recipe. This smoothie recipe can also play a healthy snack in a person’s diet. This smoothie recipe contains saturated fat, extra protein, cinnamon, and sugar.
How to Prepare This Smoothie
- Take 200ml or a half cup of milk.
- Add 0.5 cups of plain or simple yogurt.
- Add some banana with vanilla and some sugar.
- After this, add 0.5 cups of cooked Quinoa.
- You can also add some more fruits of your choice.
- Mix all the other ingredients, along with some cinnamon, thoroughly.
Advantages- This smoothie recipe is very easy to prepare and with yummy taste. It contains all the nutrition and necessary calories amount. Mix all the ingredients properly, and your smoothies are ready to drink.
2. Frozen Superhero Smoothie
This recipe includes raw quinoa and Greek yogurt with some cocoa powder, along with quinoa flakes. This smoothie contains essential nutrition calories. You can have this as a breakfast smoothie.
How to Prepare This Smoothie
- This smoothie has a quick recipe.
- You can add almond milk and some cooked quinoa to this smoothie.
- Along with this, add some chocolate green powder for taste.
- For the Green Frozen Superhero smoothie- Take one frozen banana.
- Now add two handfuls of spinach.
- After this add half a cup of almond milk.
- According to your taste, add honey and maple syrup.
- For Pink Smoothie- Take one frozen banana.
- Add eight to nine strawberries.
- Now add some protein powders of your choice.
- If you love chocolate flavour you can also add cocoa powder according to your taste.
- You can use brewed coffee and a sprouting lid for decoration.
Advantages- This smoothie comes under the healthy snack. This smoothie also helps in weight gain.
This is also referred to as a protein shake. This smoothie also provides healthy fats to the individual.
3. Quinoa Smoothie with Coffee
This smoothie has equal benefits as a banana smoothie. This smoothie is also referred to as a protein shake due to adding fruits like bananas. This smoothie contains quinoa flakes, extra calories and some chia seeds.
How to Prepare This Smoothie
- This smoothie gathers necessary ingredients like grams of protein, GMO ingredients, frozen bananas, quinoa flakes, and sweeteners.
- Now place all ingredients in the machine called a mixer.
- Ice can also be added if you want ice in your drink.
- Ice also makes the smoothie more smooth and yummy.
- You can also add protein powder for more calories.
- Adding quinoa can make smoothies fussy eaters.
Advantages- This smoothie has a very nice recipe. One of the advantages of a smoothie is that it helps with weight gain. This smoothie can also be added to a whole family meal.
4. Quinoa Banana Smoothie Recipes
This is one of the best breakfast smoothies that anyone can have in their breakfast every day. It contains a very high amount of protein that gives the individual energy for the day.
And along with protein content, it has a delicious flavour.
How to Prepare This Smoothie
- First, collect all ingredients like 25 grams of Quinoa, one banana, four cashews, half figs, and four almonds.
- Collect all ingredients and put them all together in the blend.
- Now pour milk according to your needs.
- And finally, your smoothie is ready to drink.
- This smoothie is deliciously favourable and has a high content of protein.
Quinoa smoothie is used for weight gain by many people. We also found that Quinoa has a special property to help reduce weight as well as it contains high-fibre quality. The difference only comes in how to consume it and with what. However, smoothies are considered to help in weight gain.
It is advisable to add quinoa to smoothies who are looking for nutritious food with less effort and time but also intend to gain weight. Quinoa smoothies are smooth to eat and drink, along with more health benefits.
Quinoa can be added to any smoothies to make recipes more healthy and food tastier. It can be included with other seeds as well for a healthy diet. Quinoa smoothies can be included in the whole family breakfast.