We find recipes that are both healthy and tasty very rarely. Are you also fond of such healthy and delicious recipes?
Here is an easy 5-minute solid banana peanut butter smoothie recipe to freshen up your morning. A smoothie full of packed nutrition and tasty ingredients is an excellent choice to start your day.
1. What is Smoothie?
Smoothies are frozen beverages that have a creamy and thick texture like milkshakes and are blended from different combinations of ingredients, including fruits, vegetables, protein powder, sweetening agents, Ice, and a preferred mixture of your choice, of course.
1.1 Type of Smoothies
- Green Smoothie: Contains a more significant amount of vegetables, raw vegetables, and some fruits for taste.
- Protein Smoothie: Larger Combination of protein powder, Diary Product, and water.
- Yogurt Smoothie: Made from yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, because of its health benefits.
2. Health Benefits of Banana Peanut Butter Smoothies
Peanuts, also known as groundnuts, are a legume crop and, indeed, a good source of protein. In addition, they also provide vitamin E, niacin, fibre, folate, and other nutritional values.
Other health benefits of peanuts are listed below.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Improves vision.
- Good for skin.
- Sharpen bones.
- It contains other nutritional values that are beneficial for the heart. Therefore, having a handful of peanuts in our diet is indeed healthy.
Bananas have great nutritional value. These fresh and readily available versatile fruits contain carbohydrates, magnesium, potassium, and other nutrients. This fantastic fruit promotes digestion, maintains sugar levels, and aids weight loss. Without a doubt, you can include it in your healthy daily diet.
Combining all these nutrient components in a banana peanut butter smoothie enhances your diet.
3. Process of Making Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Step by Step
- 2 peeled bananas (for good texture, use frozen bananas)
- A few ice cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- One tablespoon of honey
- 2 cups of milk
- Scoop or spoon
- Smoothie jar or glass jar
3.3 Directions to Make Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Step 1: Gather all the ingredients on one platform so that you don’t struggle during preparation. The ingredients include two sliced bananas, a sweetener, milk, peanut butter, a few ice cubes, and a blender for mixing.
Step 2: Take all ingredients, two slices of banana, peanut butter, honey, and ice, and then blend in blender. Blend all ingredients for 30–35 seconds until all ingredients are mixed and blended well into a smooth, creamy texture.
Step 3: Pour a Delicious smoothie into a smoothie bottle or glass jar and enjoy it sip by sip with a straw!
4.1 Why Freeze Bananas for Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipes?
Frozen bananas for banana peanut butter smoothies gives your smoothie a thick and creamy structure like a milkshake.
Not only does it have a thick consistency, but you can also drink it without ice because you have used frozen bananas that are cold enough for your smoothie.
Similarly, leftover bananas can be used for dessert or in a salad.
4.2 Milk Substituents for Smoothies
For Smoothies, however, besides dairy milk, you can pour almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, cashew nut milk, or oat milk, or you can blend it with plain water if milk is not your choice of taste.
4.3 Sweetening Option
Nowadays, regarding health, everyone has replaced white sugar, also known as table sugar, with other sweetening agents because it has too many calories, which can lead to weight gain. Therefore, people prefer brown sugar, honey, vanilla, or maple syrup instead of white sugar. You can also change the sweetening ingredients as per your choice or have a sugar-free smoothie.
Here are some valuable tips if you are making a smoothie for the very first time.
You have plenty of options to choose from. Sometimes, experiments turn out well. If you wish, you can change the ingredients as per your choice.
- While blending, if you find the smoothie too thick, no worries; you can add ice cubes or milk. If not, add water as per the consistency.
- You can add a few slices of frozen banana or peanut butter for a thin smoothie per your requirements.
- Bananas and peanut butter are enough for a sweet. Extra sweetener is mainly not required, but if you want to add more sweetener, do not hesitate. You can add protein powder, brown sugar, or honey for a sweeter taste.
- Add a few protein powders or oats scoops to make a healthier smoothie.
- For a thicker and more creamy smoothie, add yogurt.
- If it’s a shivering time, you can use some spices, such as cinnamon or other herbs, for a toasty flavour.
Banana peanut butter smoothie tastes amazing and fuels your body with abundant nutrition. It is a quick beverage that can be your meal anytime and is a tempting drink.
You can follow the ingredients listed in this recipe or substitute them as per your choice. You can prepare it with the help of five elements, all of which are readily available in your kitchen. So why wait for this delicious drink? Let’s try it and enjoy the delicacy of a banana peanut butter smoothie.
1. When is the perfect time to have a banana-peanut butter smoothie?
Although you can have a smoothie anytime in the day, the perfect time is in the morning; it is the best thing to kick-start your day. As a fitness enthusiast, you can have it before or after a workout, as it is easy to prepare and digest. You can add veggies or protein powder for more nutrition and a healthier smoothie.
2. How to store leftover smoothies?
You can refrigerate the smoothie for the following 48 hours after preparation. You can purposely make and store extra smoothies for the next day to grab and enjoy. If, by chance, a different smoothie is left over, you can keep it in a mason jar, an airtight container, or a zip-lock airtight bag. The taste and texture of a smoothie remain the same. You can enjoy it with the same energy.
3. What can we substitute in a banana peanut butter recipe instead of peanut butter?
It is entirely your choice; if peanut butter is not to your taste, you can substitute it with other readily available butter such as almond butter, sunflower butter, soy butter, pea butter, etc.