The Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary gives you a chance for personal encounters with these beautiful creatures while also promoting wildlife conservation. Remember, your ticket purchase directly helps for wolf conservation efforts.
1. About the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary
A new journey into the wolfdog world includes options of self-guided exploration, informative visits, or a combination of both for a comprehensive experience and understanding.
The Yamusa Wolf Rock Sanctuary is set amazingly amidst the serene wilderness to encounter the wild packs of wolfdogs. Additionally, there would be interactive hours for plenty of opportunities to capture memorable photos.
It stands out as heaven for these enchanting animals. It is located at 263156 Range Road 53, Cochrane. The arrangement of the century provides a safe and enraging environment for these wolfdogs.
The sanctuary offers immersive experiences where visitors can explore independently or enjoy a 30-minute enclosure tour.
2. About the Tickets
Tickets for this experience are exclusively available on the Fever website and app and can be purchased for 29.50 Canadian dollars.
Multiple time slots are available, from 10 in the morning to 5 in the evening.
3. General Things to Keep in Mind
- To avoid any mishap, dogs would not be allowed in the park as the physical interaction of dogs and wolfdogs may not be suitable for peace. The sanctuary is designed to provide a safe and comfortable environment for wolfdogs.
- The minimum age varies for different types of tours.
- For a self-guided sanctuary walk, six years is the minimum age, and ten years is the minimum suggested age for an introductory tour.
- 15-year-olds can join the interactive tour, as 15 is the minimum required age.
- Entry without proper identity cards won’t be allowed for security reasons.
- Adults are to follow the instructions of the sanctuary staff at all times.
- Refrain from shouting or making loud noises, which could distress the animals.
- Respect the Wolf Dog Space and do not attempt to enter their enclosure without a guide.
- Dressing according to the weather is suggested, as the weather conditions can vary in the sanctuary from the outdoor venue.
- Certain clothing items are not permitted.
- Sheepskin, down deather coats, fru or faux clothing, hanging lures, or furr-like trim are strictly banned to ensure the comfort and safety of the animals.
- Lastly, remember that your visit supports the sanctuary’s global mission of educating the public about good dogs and promoting wolf conservation. Enjoy your stay and make it a memorable and respectful experience.
4. Journey into the Wilderness and your Guide to Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary
- What: Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary.
- When: Numerous dates.
- Where: Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary, 263156 Range Road 53, Cochrane, Calgary.
- Time: Multiple slots are available.
- Tickets: Get the tickets from the Fever website.