Table of Contents Show
Watching Netflix is still a pleasure on a quiet evening or a day off. One of the largest and most unique movie libraries is here, but not everyone can access it. First, Netflix is not available in some countries. Secondly, a movie or series may only be available in a certain region at the release time. Thirdly, some films are focused only on certain countries, they are not open to residents of other regions. All this is frustrating and can drive you into a stupor.
But not all is lost, there is something that will allow you to bypass the lock.
How can I watch Netflix shows from other countries?
Is it possible to cheat and change the Netflix region? Definitely yes. There are several ways to get around the restrictions to choose from. The best option is to use a VPN. This is a quick way to redirect your traffic through remote servers, hiding your real IP and country of residence. This approach replaces the real location with the one you need. The second way is through Proxy and DNS, this way is less reliable, often slower, and more difficult to implement. In most cases, it is better to give preference to a VPN, and we will concentrate on this option for now.
How to change Netflix’s location?
All you need to do to change the region is choose the appropriate VPN, install it, and connect to the remote server. Naturally, you must also have a Netflix subscription purchased. Let’s go in order.
Choosing a VPN
You may have already guessed how to watch Netflix with VPN, but you will be very confused about choosing the right service. There are many different VPNs out there, but most of them are not suitable for watching Netflix.
The thing is that you need to not only make Netflix unblocked, but also ensure comfortable viewing. Most VPNs are very expensive, offer low-speed connections, often disconnect from servers, support a small number of servers, etc. The most convenient project for Netflix region unlock is VeePN. They even have a free trial version that allows you to try the product without paying. Naturally, it does not have the disadvantages listed above and everything works like clockwork. The advantage is the emphasis on security and anonymity on the network, so it is reasonable to use it to surf the Internet from all devices.
Installing and connecting a VPN
On each device, the process for connecting to a VPN may be slightly different. Here is a brief guide to installing and connecting to a VPN:
- Windows. You need to download the VPN program of your choice to your computer, install it, and then run it. Usually, on the main screen, the utility prompts you to select a server or use the smart selection of servers. To watch Netflix, you must manually select a server and connect to it.
- iPhone. You need to search for the application through iTunes. After installation, you need to select a server in it and click on the “Connect” button.
- Android. It is safer to install the application from the Play Market. Further, everything happens in a similar way.
- Smart TV. If we are talking about Android TV, then you can download VPN from the Play Market. For LG and Samsung Smart TVs, you need to configure the VPN on the router, through the admin panel. It is described in more detail at the review of VeePN.
- Xbox. You can install a VPN on Xbox as well, all you need is the right app. Here’s a variation from VeePN.
How do I change my Netflix country without VPN?
With the recent geopolitics of censorship and streaming services such as Netflix enforcing country-based restrictions on its content, it can be frustrating for global travelers or those living overseas to have their favorite shows temporarily blocked. Fortunately, there are ways you can unblock Netflix from other countries without having to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Smart DNS can change the location of your Netflix viewing to a different country in order to access the content you would not have had access to. To change your Netflix region, you need to change the settings of your router DNS to change the static IP address that requests come from. Unlike a VPN, Smart DNS does not encrypt any traffic or conceal your IP address, so it won’t give you privacy and security benefits like a VPN does. However, it is still an effective way of changing the location of your Netflix viewing without too much effort and cost.
- Proxy servers offer a great way to change the Netflix location you appear to be using. By routing your internet traffic via a third-party server, it can obscure your true location and change where Netflix thinks you are. Though this is doable, setting up a proxy server involves some slightly more technical steps than installing an app like Smart DNS. However, unlike the latter, which sends your data without encrypting it, proxies can mask your IP address for added security and anonymity.
- Tor Browser connects users to the open-source network The Onion Router (Tor). This network encrypts web traffic and bounces it around multiple nodes, known as Tor relays, before sending it to its final destination, ultimately keeping the user’s IP address hidden. On the downside, this can lead to a slow connection that’s unsuitable for HD streaming and makes it difficult to customize a desired location.
All in all, there are pros and cons associated with each option but if you want an optimal balance between ease of use and effectiveness – VPN is your best bet. But not every service is suitable for unblocking Netflix, as you will have high bandwidth requirements and a number of servers. You will also have to consider the app’s pricing policy, multi-platform (to be used on different devices), privacy level, etc. But by finding the right VPN, you will be able to watch all the movies in the Netflix library, regardless of whether they have regional restrictions or not.