Hop on for a ride on a Rideau Canal Cruise in Ottawa and explore Ottawa’s infamous Rideau Canal construction plan on various days until September from noon and different time slots.
Steeped in the city’s heart, it gives a trip through the varied monuments present abundantly in Ottawa.
1. About the Rideau Canal Cruise
Embark your journey at the vivid place of 1 Elgin St, Ottawa, which has scheduled departure slots at noon every day. The Rideau Canal Cruise offers impeccable ways to revitalize the notable areas of Ottawa.
This 202 km ride through Rideau Canal will destine you to awe-inspiring visions of the mesmerizing monuments, lakes, canals, rivers, and breathtaking places in Ottawa.
The cruises in duty are 100% electricity-powered and the largest in North America, leaving no impact on the magnificent Rideau Canal of Ottawa.
Also, time travel to 1812 and get to know the history of the Rideau Canal and its construction strategies.
This Canal Cruise also offers a departure slot at 6:30 PM, available from June to September, giving a golden hour filter and splendid sights of Ottawa.
Get prepared to get enthralled entirely to experience an electrifying ride through Ottawa’s outstanding sites and landmarks.
2. Venue and Timings
Departures happen at 1 Elgin St, Ottawa (NAC Side and will drop off at 11 Colonel By Dr Westin Hotel.
Exact Cruise departures happen on the National Art Center side, below the Plaza Bridge (Rideau Street Bridge).
Departure slots are as follows: 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:30 PM & 6:30 PM every day, except for the 6:30 PM slot, which is only open from June to September.
The venue is accessible via public and private transport, and parking is nearby. The Canal Cruise office is behind the National Arts Centre at 1 Elgin Street, beside the 1 Elgin St Café.
The complete ride requires 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete.
3. About the Tickets
Tickets are exclusively available on the Fever website and app for the Rideau Canal Cruise in Ottawa.
Tickets are divided into two categories:
- Adult(12+) – CA$47.50
- Child(3-11) – CA$33.00
Fever offers a hassle-free event booking service that lets you know about the varied activities happening in your city.
Don’t let this one-of-a-kind way to explore Ottawa slip through your hands. Book your tickets right away on Fever.
4. Things to Keep in Mind about the Rideau Canal Cruise
- Participants’ age must be above 3.
- The activity is not wheelchair accessible, and food and drinks can be bought on the boat.
- The ticket booked should be displayed via smartphone at the departure, and please note that tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be modified.
- You will receive more details about your reservation via email once your tickets are confirmed.
- To ensure a comfortable experience, it is recommended to wear suitable clothes.
5. Rideau Canal Cruise in Ottawa
- What – Rideau Canal Cruise- An mesmerizing ride through Rideau Canal.
- Where – Starting from 1 Elgin St ( NAC side) in Ottawa.
- Time – Departure Slots at 10:30 AM, 12 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:30 PM & 6:30 PM.
- Location – Cruise Office 1 Elgin St, Ottawa.
- Tickets – Available on ticketing platform Fever.