As summer approaches and the heat is rising in the air, people tend to visit beaches and picnics. And if you are visiting Toronto, Canada, you’d be very lucky to be close to Nickel Beach.
It’s a perfect beach where you can beat the heat, take a swim and go surfing in the pleasant waters of Nickel Beach.
Ample parking is available for residents and non-residents close to the beach and on the beachfront. So you can spend a wonderful vacation in a clean environment with amazing services close to you.
Find Nickel Beach at Port Colborne, which is quite a fascinating place as it is a hub where you can connect to many wonderful attractions in Canada.
You can also find many shady picnic areas and spots where you can have a lovely sight of the beach and a fun time with your friends and family.
1. About Port Colborne
On the Niagara Peninsula in Ontario, Canada, there is a beautiful city called Port Colborne. It is Located along the Welland Canal, which joins Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.
Port Colborne has a rich history, with a stunning waterfront and a variety of recreation opportunities. It is known for its many attractions and Nickel Beach, which displays an amazing beachfront.
The beach will show you beautiful sights from the beachfront, where you can enjoy your time on the beach as you watch the little boats hovering on the beach water.
The Welland Canal Centre Museum, which chronicles the history of the canal and its surroundings, is one of Port Colborne’s well-liked attractions.
The Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum showcases artifacts and exhibits related to the city’s history and maritime heritage, and Knoll Lakeview Park is a well-liked location for picnics and relaxation.
Additionally, Port Colborne has a large number of eateries, including pubs, restaurants, and cafes, that serve a range of food, including Canadian, Italian, and seafood.
2. Few Must-Visit Restaurants Near Nickel Beach
Canalside is a popular restaurant known for its waterfront views and seafood dishes. It specializes in Lunches and dinners.
With homemade soup that will soothe your soul, Canalside is a must-try restaurant as it has trusted reviews from both Port Colborne residents and non-Port Colborne residents.
After you take a dip in one of the finest beaches of Toronto and the fatigue kicks in, Canalside is always delighted to serve some great food with greater views.
2.2. Flying Squirrel Bistro
A wonderful restaurant has surprised many visitors who were first-timers at their restaurants. As per many reviews, Flying Squirrel Bistro has one of the finest recipes of eggs benedict, which does not refrain from surprising people.
Flying Squirrel offers a fun-loving experience in their restaurants, designed to fascinate visitors with its interior décor.
2.3. The Smokin’ Buddha
The Smokin’ Buddha is an Asian kitchen that is set to delight your heart with hearty Asian cuisines that are both healthy and delicious.
2.4. Tim Hortons
This popular Canadian chain serves a variety of coffee, baked goods, and sandwiches. Also called Tim’s or Timmie’s, it serves great fast food items and baked goods, which is a fan favourite among people in Toronto, Canada.
2.5. Lucky Thai Restaurant
A Thai restaurant serving a variety of authentic dishes, including curries, noodles, and soups with dumplings that are set to give a good memory of Thai delicacy.
Enjoy sunbathing in the warm sand of the beach and head towards Lucky Thai Restaurant to cool off with some Thai delicacies and drinks.
2.6. Boston Pizza
This chain restaurant serves delicious varieties of pizza, pasta, and sandwiches. Boston Pizza is also a sports bar that can be delightful for people who want to have great pizza parties.
Receiving great reviews from many visitors, this restaurant will surprise you with its treats.
With over 100 items that you can choose from, Boston Pizza will not disappoint you with even its desserts. It is even open on the weekends, Sundays, and some holidays.
3. Things to Know Before Visiting Nickel Beach
- Nickel Beach is not free to enter with your car; hence, a beach pass has to be bought to enter the beach. There are facilities to buy the tickets on an online basis where you pay in advance and book your parking slot.
- There are 200 parking spots for non-residents, but you can always park your car outside and enjoy the facilities of the beach. You can park on the beach and have your picnic or gathering close to your parking spot.
- Bring snacks and cold beverages, but make sure to avoid any alcohol on the beach.
- Many public amenities are provided in Nickel Beach, and there is also every service available for any emergency.
- Sand beach volleyball courts are a joyful sight for basketball lovers.
- Open fires are prohibited on the beachfront and on the beach sand or close to where the car is parked. Open fires are not allowed in Nickel Beach Port Colborne.
- Nickel Beach has restroom facilities close to the shady picnic areas for the convenience of visitors.
- You will have access to the washroom facilities at the entrance only. So if you’re on the beach, you have to come back to the entrance to use the washroom facilities.
4. Nickel Beach – A Fun Getaway
Anybody who is planning to take a little vacation as the summer approaches and the mind wants to explore more beaches and rest from the city life should visit Nickel Beach in Port Colborne.
Park your cars on the beachfront at a cheap cost and have a great time with your family and friends.
After enjoying the beach, head out to explore Port Colborne and make sure to satiate your appetite at one of the above-mentioned amazing restaurants.
Furthermore, every attraction in Port Colborne is at such a close distance, making it very convenient for the community as well as the visitors.